Hi all, I know that moving is never fun, but sometimes it's for the best. I wanted to write up a quick article including some FAQ's on why and how you should move to inkFrog Open.
First, a bit about inkFrog Open and why it's better. inkFrog Open works much differently than inkFrog Classic. And while it's never easy to move, once you use Open for a few weeks you will learn why it's so much better. The more you use it, the better it is. It's not just us that thinks so, we have tens of thousands of sellers that use it.. and it gets rave reviews!
- Open offers true mobile friendly templates which comply with eBay's new requirements (including Active Content requirements). This includes the 'tabs' which you can create in your templates! Listings on mobile look fantastic. See screenshots below from an actual sellers listings on an iPhone using our template builder!
- Open has built in threaded eBay messages (view, reply, manage your eBay messages)
- Open has library attachments. Every listing you create is attached to a library item where you can manage the listings!
- Create an incredible amount of filters and saved searches so you can quickly find the items you want
- Store connectors - You can connect all of your inventory from Shopify, Bigcommerce, and now Amazon directly from inside Open. We keep everything synced for you.
- True 'Forever listing storage' -- every listing you ever create can be kept inside inkFrog open
- Templates and descriptions are separated out - and any update to a template, will auto update all of your listings magically for you! (just make sure you manage everything through Open or they will get separated).
- Open has individual profiles for shipping, returns, and payments! We've done away with those Global Rules and then having to bulk apply them. If you link your profiles to your listings, one quit edit to a profile updates every listing linked to that profile!
The above are just a few reasons and I can go on and on, but I'd like to keep this article short if possible.
Next, some FAQs on what Open will do and how you can move
How can I move my account to Open?
While we are nearly complete with our Open converter (from classic to open), you can move without the converter fairly easily. Just create a new account for inkFrog open (if you haven't done so in the past) at http://www.inkfrog.com and Open will automatically import all of your live, sold, and unsold listings from eBay (including images). Then, connect your classic billing to inkFrog Open by going to this URL (after you login to Open first) - https://open.inkfrog.com/settings/account/classic/ - Connecting your billing will allow you to use both Open and Classic without being charged for both. If you've signed up in the past but forgot how to login, just use your email address and reset your password from the inkFrog open login page.
What about billing (Classic and Open)?
We have great news, you can now connect your Classic billing plan with your inkFrog Open account. Just login to inkFrog Open and then visit this URL: https://open.inkfrog.com/settings/account/classic/ (it will require you to login using your classic username/password) - We will map your classic billing to the closest, higher plan on Open but you will get to keep your lower, Classic price. For example, if you are paying $9.95/mo on Classic for 100 listings, you will get our equivalent or higher Open plan but for the same price as you already pay. If you currently get 'unlimited' listings in Classic, you will get our highest Open plan (normally $27/mo) for your lower current, Classic price. And, not only that, but you will be able to use inkFrog Open and inkFrog Classic at the same time, with one single subscription.
What about importing my eBay listings?
That is the great news. inkFrog Open will automatically import all of your live, unsold, and sold listings directly from eBay (including your images). So 90% of all of your inkFrog Classic work automatically gets imported for you. The only thing that doesn't import yet is your inkFrog classic library listings.
What about my Classic templates (prebuilt and custom)?
Here is the deal with templates - eBay's new Active Content and mobile requirements are very strict. None of the old templates, and most likely none of your custom templates meet those requirements. Their new rules require templates to be responsive, which means they change automagically based on screen-size and if on a mobile device. Not only must they be responsive, they also have other limitations which eBay has just recently announced. Most likely, your templates are not truly responsive, and if they are, they most likely have active content or are limited by at least one of their new standards (unless you've head someone build them recently who knew what they were doing).
Our new template builder in inkFrog Open gives you 100%, true mobile friendly and active content approved templates. These comply with eBay's 2017 requirements. We even offer tabs in our templates which are active content approved! We recommend creating a template using this new template builder and begin to phase out your old templates (including old, classic templates). Applying an inkFrog Open template in bulk to your listings is very easy to do - just go to your inkFrog open library, checkmark your listings and choose the 'bulk actions-->apply template' option. Before you apply a new template however, make sure you strip out your old templates. This has to be done manually, unfortunately. Note, you can also use custom templates with Open, just make sure your designer/template builder knows what they are doing with eBay's new standards.
We know that changing templates is a major pain - but after it's done it will be worth it. No pain, no gain as the adage goes. Our new template builder is perfect for today's eBay (clean, simple, professional templates which work great). Also note, once you 'attach' one of our inkFrog Open templates (and you continue using open to manage your listings), it will be very easy in the future to swap out your templates. We separate your templates from your description - so any template change can be done in a few clicks. In fact, if you update one of your templates, we will auto update your listings for you automatically as well.
What about my inkFrog Classic library listings?
We are not yet done with our library importer/converter. We should have this done shortly. You will be able to import those into your existing Open account once the converter is complete.